So this is one of the recipes Erick learnt while traveling Southeast Asia, and he has mastered this particular one to perfection!
Tom Kha Gai
- 2-3 red Thai bird's eye chilis
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 thumb-sized piece of galangal
- 1-2 pieces of lemongrass
- 1 small chicken breast
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- a handful of small white mushrooms
- a lime
- 7-8 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 500ml of chicken broth
- Deseed and chop the chillies into very thin rings. Slice galangal into paper-thin pieces.
- Chop lemongrass into 10cm long pieces and crush with the butt-end of a knife. Add lime leaves,
- chili, lemongrass and galangal to pot with the coconut milk.
- Slice chicken into thin strips, quarter the mushrooms and half the cherry-tomatoes.
- Bring the coconut milk almost to a boil and add the chicken. Allow the chicken to cook on high
- heat for a good 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes and mushrooms and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Flavor with the juice from a squeezed lime and fish sauce.