Portuguese love cod (bacalhau). And Bacalhau à Brás is arguably the most common bacalhau dish in Portugal. João is Portuguese, so he loves Bacalhau à Brás. And he shared this love with us. ❤️
Bacalhau à Brás
Recipe type: Main
- 800 gr cod, fresh
- 3 big onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 12 eggs
- 750 gr matchstick potato chips
- black olives
- olive oil
- Chop the onions and garlic to small pieces and mince the cod.
- In a deep pan, sweat the onions and garlic until golden, then add the pieces of cod, and cook for a few minutes, until it soaks up the oil.
- Then add the potatoes and stir whilst adding the beaten eggs with salt and pepper to taste. (Remember: the chips and the cod are already salty enough!)
- Stir for a few minutes, until the chips moisten but before the eggs become an omelette.
- Serve hot, with chopped parsley and black olives.